Sunday, July 30, 2006

After-uni life crisis syndrome...

it is a crucial time of my life now
where i've left the uni phase and
am now trying to move on to the next phase
- supposedly the working world.

I'm sure i'm not alone when i say
i do think there's more to my life
than just getting a normal 9 to 5 job
and just live my life from there onwards.

The truth is i AM looking for a job.
But when i think deeper,
i don't really just want to get any job.
What's my purpose? My destiny?
the reason God gave me breath?
I want to give and serve Him so much
but i just really don't know how to
go about it...

When i was in uni, i need not think much
about what were my goals, my aim in life,
plan for my future, what i've to do next..
Now all the questions are thrown into my face...
And i betcha they're not easy to answer at all..
And i wonder how ppl do it
how do they know what they need to do?
Some ppl say, just go ahead
Start with a normal job 1st
than job hop or something...

You know,some interviewers ask me..
" WHAT DO YOU WANNA DO?"
wow, such a simple question but
do u know how freakin hard it is
for me to answer that?
some ppl might say i think too hard,
JUST DO IT...
so when i'm asked THAT question..
i'll think reli hard...
ENGINEERIN? NON-ENGINEERIN? Customer service?
Sales? MArketing?

When i think harder...
this is what i came up with..
I know what i wanna do but in reality,
i don't know how to go about it..
My passion is music, singing,dancing,
the worship ministry, creative arts,
helping people,listening to their problems,
counsel them, do missions....
SO what now? do what? start with what
kinda job?

I feel like there's so much more i can learn
and so much more i want to contribute to society
I do think about getting a good paying job
like most graduates do....
But often i'm disturbed by the thought that
I know just CAN'T settle for some normal secular job
altho ppl always say you can be a shining light
for Christ wherever He places you.

But i really do not know where to go from here.
i'm like standing at a crossroads with
10 different directions.
I 've prayed and cried and asked God
and i just know i need to do something different
but i don't know how or where or when or what.
I feel like it's such a waste if i don't do
something concentrated in directly ministering to
ppl and reaching out to the dying souls out there
dying every second even as i'm typing.

My request, my dear frens is that you will keep me in prayer.
And i know most of you are.Thank you for dat =)
pray that someday i will know what my purpose
and my destiny is and how to go about it.
I really wish i knew what to do now...sigh
But i'm not letting go of hope and i stil trust
He has my best interest at hand altho i did not
get every single interview or job offers as i
would like to.

I've already sent out many resumes to different companies.
Truth is, i'm not enthusiastic bout working in a secular
company at all. And the fact that i haven't
gotten a good offer until now makes me think
that God has something specific in store for me.
I prayed that He 'd close all other doors and
only keep the door which He wants me to walk thru open..
and I"m still waiting for that answer from Him.

Sometimes,I am disappointed but i try to ask myelf
the logic of all the things that happen around me.
Maybe God has something different ,something greater,
a greater destiny,an awesome purpose.
And I really believe that.

Thank you to Sai Lou, Mel and kes who commented on my
previous blog... I pray that God's destiny will be
achieved in your lives as much as i wanna see it in mine..=)

8 Comments:

Blogger hoydenmel said...

"My passion is music, singing,dancing,
the worship ministry, creative arts,
helping people,listening to their problems,counsel them, do missions...."

Girl that sounds so much like me. Haha. We have the same passions and i believe you'll be able to do all that! Hey we might even join forces and come up with something. for real. Our passions will NOT die. And hey dun rule out the corporate world just yet. It might just be the steping stone you need to be able to achieve all the other things you wanna do.
Like i dun see myself as a designer in the long run. But i do love what i do. I believe every experience counts. and maybe that's what you should be looking for. The experience which would undoubtedly help in your plans further down the road.

8:10 PM  
Blogger EstheR said...

my dear!!!=) *HUGS*
we're soo alike dat's how we found each other... hehehehhe
yea i'm just goin thru tis stupid confusing phase..
but its ok i'm learning to trust n let God have the steering wheel..
we'll see what happens wooohoo!!!
=) i feel like dancing in the room now.. take care gurl..
YES!!! Let's DO SOMETHING .. OUR DREAMS WILL NOT DIEE WOOOOO!!!!

9:40 PM  
Blogger weeliem said...

sounds like me....somehow.
i think alot of people go through this. but i understand what you're going through. am there as well.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Xweing said...

Sounds not like me.

But, PURSUE YOUR INTERESTS, seriously... that's the only way to bring you loads of $$$.

Haha. Intel is boring.

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
»

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Auto alarms wholesaler Insurance agent round rock oprah on red dress picture land rover westside

4:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great post, very informative. I'm wondering why the opposite experts of this sector don't understand this.
You should continue your writing. I am sure, you have a huge readers' base already!

Feel free to surf to my web page; kids furniture discount

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative.
I am gonna watch out for brussels. I'll appreciate if you continue this in future. Numerous people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

My blog post garbage disposal maintenance

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home